Popejoy Hall Directions, Parking Permits and More
Popejoy Hall is located on The University of New Mexico campus on the corner of Redondo and Cornell in the Center for the Arts building located at 203 Cornell Drive, NE.
You need a permit to park free on campus.
- After payment, you will need to print your parking permit. Permits are located on each individual show page.
- Click the link for the appropriate parking permit (Bus or Car).
- Print a permit for each performance you will be attending. Make sure there is one permit per vehicle.
- Parking instructions are printed on the permits.
Plan to arrive at least 25 minutes prior to the beginning of the show. Parking at Popejoy may be difficult depending on events at UNM or in the neighboring area. Allow appropriate amount of time to find parking and have an alternate parking spot in mind outside of the areas closest to Popejoy. If you park farther away from Popejoy, allow sufficient time to walk to the performance.
- Park buses along the curb surrounding Johnson Field in order of arrival, starting at the southwest corner of the field.
- Please coordinate bus transportation with other teachers in your school.
- Coordinate with parking authorities onsite upon arrival if planning to leave late or arrive early.
- After your group is dropped off, your bus will move to the South Lot.
- You must coordinate the time to return for pick-up with your driver.
We recommend you do NOT park on the UNM Campus. There are very limited metered parking spots available and a full parking garage can cause you to be late to the show. Instead, please follow the instructions below.
- Free parking is offered in the South Lot, east of the UNM Football Stadium on Avenida César Chávez. (See UNM’s South Lot in the image to the right.)
- From South Lot, take the free red and white UNM shuttles to the Yale Mall stop (a five-minute walk to Popejoy Hall).
- Allow extra travel time and note that UNM students are sharing them with us.
- Paid Visitor Parking is NOT guaranteed on campus.
If you have time before or after the performance and want your students to learn more about UNM and its campus, check out these great options available to Schooltime visitors.