Schooltime Series Art Contest
New! The Schooltime Series Art Contest
Art begets art.
We love receiving the student responses after they see a Schooltime Series performance. They masterfully illustrate how the shows and lessons affected them.
We want to share these creative and imaginative creations with our Popejoy Presents audiences by placing one drawing and quote in each of our playbills this season.
The winning artists and writers will receive two tickets to an Ovation event.
The most creative, evocative, meaningful and FUN submissions will be chosen for our playbill and many more will be posted on our Facebook page.
All ages are WELCOME!
Tell us what your preschooler said or did after the show. Teachers, what did your students say? What do you think was the value to your students?
- Reactions to attending a show at Popejoy Hall, including how the show made the student feel.
- Memories of a moment or scene that really stood out and why.
- Drawings, paintings, collages or a photo of a project done in conjunction with a Dreamcatchers Study Guide lesson.
- Be free with color to illustrate feelings, moods and textures. Don’t be afraid to be abstract, literal or anything in-between!
- Put the quote on the back of the art or submit one on its own.
- Follow submission guidelines: Art submissions must be no larger than an 8.5” x 11” sheet of UNLINED paper.
Please include the following on the back of each submission:
- Name of show
- Artist/author’s name and e-mail address or phone number (If you do not want the last name used just provide a last initial.)
- Teacher’s name and email address
- School and grade
- We can distinguish the teacher’s information from the student’s.
- The writing does not bleed through to the picture side.
- The return address is on the envelope.
How to Submit Entries
- Responses from an entire class may be put into one envelope. Pre-addressed envelopes are available at the kiosk in the lobby or at the front-left door near the stage as you exit.
- Mail entries to: Schooltime Series, Popejoy Hall, MSC 04 2580, 1 University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131
- Contest Deadline: April 30, 2013
We hope this sounds like fun, while at the same time fitting into the New Mexico FineArts/Visual Arts and Language Arts/Expressive Language Writing Standards and Benchmarks. Enjoy!